The oral surgeons at our practice in Preston, ID, Drs. Baker and Jepsen, are experts at restoring missing or failing teeth with dental implants. A surgically placed dental implant is the only type of tooth restoration that is good for your oral health, completely realistic, and can last a lifetime. A single dental implant consists of three parts: a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone, an abutment piece that is used to connect the implant to a custom-designed crown, and the crown itself, which is made to match your existing teeth perfectly. During your consultation at our welcoming Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho office in Preston, ID, your oral surgeon will work with you to discover if dental implants are the best tooth replacement solution for your smile.
Learn more by checking out our Dental implant FAQ.
Dental implants and other dental implant-supported tooth restorations such as fixed bridges and dentures are the most popular tooth replacements we provide at our Preston, ID, practice. Dental implants have the look, feel, and function like natural teeth and allow our patients to eat the foods they love and smile with confidence again. They can replace a single tooth or even an entire arch of teeth and offer oral health benefits because they are anchored in the jaw bone and stimulate the jaw to keep bone atrophy at bay.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Unlike traditional tooth replacements like dentures and tooth-supported bridges, implants are true tooth replacements — root and all. They function just like healthy natural teeth because they are anchored in your jaw and are custom-designed to work seamlessly with your bite and smile. Because dental implants replace the root of your tooth, they stimulate the bone in your jaw to help prevent the bone loss that can be caused by tooth loss. While dentures and bridges only last a few years before they need to be replaced, dental implants can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene habits, and no healthy teeth are damaged to secure them in your mouth. It’s no wonder dental implants are so popular at our Preston, ID, practice!
Dental implants offer these benefits and more:
- Permanent. Dental implants fuse with the jaw bone in a process called osseointegration, so patients can enjoy a durable and realistic tooth replacement for many years. With good oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime!
- Easy maintenance. Easy is an understatement! No special tools, products, or extra time required — just clean your dental implants as you would your natural teeth and maintain regular dental appointments.
- Realistic. Dental implants and natural teeth are nearly identical. Implants really do look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Improved self-confidence. A boost in confidence is common with our dental implant patients. When you know your tooth restoration looks and functions just like a natural tooth, it’s hard not to smile!
- Enjoy eating again. Comfortably and confidently enjoy the foods you love without worrying about your teeth!
- Protects bone health and structure. Dental implants replace the entire tooth, including the root. Because of this, they stimulate the bone under your gums to prevent bone atrophy the way natural teeth do.
- Versatile. Dental implants can replace one or multiple missing teeth or even an entire arch of teeth. They can also be used to secure lifelike and comfortable implant-supported fixed bridges and dentures.
- Most patients are dental implant candidates. Even if you have bone loss in your jaw, Drs. Baker and Jepsen perform bone grafting techniques that allow most patients to receive a successful implant placement. If you are healthy enough to have a standard tooth extraction, dental implants are most likely an option for you at our practice.
We offer the full scope of oral surgery and dental implant restoration options at our Preston, ID, practice and pride ourselves on providing compassionate and comfortable care in a safe and welcoming environment. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, check out our Dental Implant FAQ, or contact our office to schedule your consultation with one of our trusted oral surgeons. We look forward to caring for you.
Dental Implant Cost in Preston, ID
When patients are considering dental implants to restore their smile and oral function, it is important to choose an experienced and trusted oral surgeon with the skill and training to perform this type of oral surgery. Our Preston, ID, oral surgeons, Drs. Baker and Jepsen, use advanced and cutting-edge surgical tools and techniques to ensure the very best results, every time. We provide this quality of care at affordable and competitive prices for our southeast Idaho area because we believe that oral surgery should be accessible to those who need it. Since every patient’s condition is different, and we provide personalized care, the cost of treatment varies. Some of the things that will be considered when estimating the cost of your dental implants include the number of implants you will be receiving, if you require a bone grafting procedure for successful implant placement, and if you will need any tooth extractions to prepare your mouth for your implants. Your insurance coverage will also factor into the overall cost of your treatment. We accept many types of insurance and have multiple payment options for your convenience.
For an estimate of your dental implant cost at our practice in Preston, ID, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baker or Dr. Jepsen. During this appointment, you will work closely with your oral surgeon to develop a personalized treatment plan — your cost estimate will be determined at this time.
The Value of Dental Implants
Dental implants change our patients’ lives for the better by improving their oral health, facial structure, and smile. With good oral care, dental implants can last for many years, possibly even a lifetime. Other, more traditional tooth restorations might have a lesser price tag but often end up costing more over time because they simply do not have the longevity of implants. Dental implants and dental implant-supported dentures and bridges are the only tooth restorations that are lifelike, have a protective influence on oral health, and offer long-term viability. They look, feel, and function like healthy, natural teeth for an incredible value that extends beyond just the functional and the aesthetic — dental implants offer a life-changing improvement in our patients’ daily lives and self-esteem.
Below are some of the reasons many of our patients choose to invest in dental implants at our Preston, ID, oral surgery practice:
- Lifelong. Because dental implants can last a lifetime, they save you the inconvenience and cost of more time receiving treatment for your missing teeth. This is one of the main reasons people choose implants over traditional bridges and dentures.
- Protective. Dental implants fuse with your jaw bone during healing time through a process called osseointegration. This benefit allows them to perform just like natural teeth, roots and all, continuously stimulating the bone in your jaw when you chew, to keep bone loss from occurring. With a healthy jaw and teeth that are properly aligned in the dental arch, costly dental work down the line is much less likely.
- Priceless. You can’t put a price tag on the ability to enjoy the foods you love with ease and speak and smile with complete confidence knowing that your tooth restoration is flawless. These daily-life enhancements add up to a happier and healthier you!
If you are interested in dental implants and live in or around the Preston, ID, area, we encourage you to contact Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baker or Dr. Jepsen. During this appointment, you and your oral surgeon can discuss if this life-changing tooth restoration is the right option to restore your smile.