During your consultation appointment at our friendly Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho office in Blackfoot, ID, you and your oral surgeon will determine the best tooth replacement solution to restore your smile. If you choose a dental implant for your tooth restoration, you will receive a lifelike, healthy, and permanent tooth replacement that consists of three parts: a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone, an abutment piece that connects the implant to a permanent crown, and the crown itself, which is custom designed to match your existing teeth. Drs. Baker and Jepsen are experts at restoring missing or failing teeth with dental implants and other implant-supported solutions such as fixed bridges or dentures.
Learn more by checking out our Dental implants FAQ.
Dental implants are the most popular tooth replacement we provide at our Blackfoot, ID, practice. Dental implants are incredibly versatile and can permanently replace a single tooth or an entire arch of teeth, and they look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. With dental implants, you can eat the foods you love and smile with confidence again. Our Blackfoot dental implant patients enjoy improved oral health as well as a boost in their quality of life and overall well-being.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Unlike traditional dentures and tooth-supported bridges, dental implants are a complete tooth replacement, restoring the root of your tooth as well. Like healthy natural teeth, dental implants are anchored in your jaw for a stable, and permanent solution to tooth loss. Because dental implants replace the tooth’s root, they help stimulate your jaw bone to keep the bone atrophy that can happen when teeth are missing for a long time, at bay. While dentures and bridges only last a short time before they require replacement, dental implants have the ability to last a lifetime when you practice good oral hygiene and take care of them just as you would your healthy, natural teeth. In addition, it is not necessary to damage your existing teeth to place implants.
Dental implants offer these benefits and more:
- They are permanent. Because dental implants fuse with the bone in the jaw, patients enjoy a long-lasting and lifelike tooth replacement. With good oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime!
- They are easy to maintain. You can clean your dental implants just as you would your natural teeth. It’s as simple as that!
- They look just like natural teeth. It is very difficult to tell the difference between a dental implant and a natural tooth — implants truly look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- They offer patients a boost in confidence. Confidence in their new smile is common with our dental implant patients. Patients love smiling knowing that their tooth replacement looks and functions just like a real tooth.
- They allow you to enjoy eating again. Imagine being able to comfortably and confidently enjoy the foods you love again! You won’t have to worry about your replacement tooth slipping around when you chew, and because implants work just like natural teeth, you may even forget that you have had a restoration!
- They protect your jaw bone health and structure. Dental implants replace the entire tooth, including the root. Because of this, they stimulate the bone under your gums to prevent bone atrophy the way natural teeth do. A healthy jaw bone structure means a more youthful facial appearance.
- They can replace one or many teeth. Dental implants have the versatility to replace one or multiple missing teeth or even an entire arch of teeth. They can also be used to secure lifelike and comfortable implant-supported fixed bridges and dentures.
- Most patients are candidates. Drs. Baker and Jepsen are experts at bone grafting techniques to allow almost anyone to receive a successful, stable implant placement. If you are healthy enough to have a standard tooth extraction, dental implants are most likely an option for you at our practice.
Denture Replacement With Dental Implants
Patients who currently wear dentures can find them to be embarrassing or uncomfortable. Our surgeons proudly offer a solution to these issues with implant-supported dentures and bridges. By using dental implants to support replacement teeth, you regain full functionality of your smile and can enjoy eating your favorite foods comfortably.
While traditional dentures only rest on top of the gums, dental implants fuse to the jaw bone underneath. This provides stability and prevents the jaw bone from deteriorating. Long-term jaw bone loss can cause facial features to sag, jeopardizing your facial structure. Dental implants keep the jaw bone healthy and will serve you for many years with proper care. Explore your options for denture replacement in Blackfoot, ID, by contacting our office today.
Check out our Dental Implant FAQ to learn more.
We offer the full scope of oral surgery and dental implant restoration options at our Blackfoot, ID, practice. If you are interested in safe, quality dental implants at a practice that cares about your well-being, contact our office to schedule your consultation with one of our trusted oral surgeons. We look forward to offering you compassionate and comfortable oral surgery care.
Dental Implant Cost in Blackfoot, ID
When you are considering dental implants, it is crucial that you choose an experienced and trusted oral surgeon to perform this delicate oral surgery. Our Blackfoot, ID, oral surgeons, Drs. Baker or Jepsen, have the skill and training to ensure the finest outcome and utilize advanced, cutting-edge surgical techniques. We provide this excellent care at affordable and competitive prices for our southeast Idaho area. The cost of your individual dental implant treatment will vary depending on a few factors: the number of implants you will be receiving, if you require a bone grafting procedure for successful implant placement, and if you will need tooth extractions to prepare your mouth for your implants. Your insurance coverage will also factor into your cost. We accept many types of insurance and have multiple payment options to make oral surgery accessible for our Blackfoot, ID, patients.
The best way to estimate your dental implant cost at our practice in Blackfoot is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baker or Dr. Jepsen. During this appointment, you and your oral surgeon will work together to develop a treatment plan. Your cost estimate will be determined at this time as well.
The Value of Dental Implants
Dental implants change lives for the better. Tooth loss is so much more than just an uncomfortable inconvenience — it also affects our patients’ self-esteem and confidence. With dental implants, patients once again enjoy the look, feel, and function of healthy, natural teeth. Dental implants also improve the health of your jaw for better long-term oral health (less dental work in the future) and your facial harmony (for a youthful jaw structure), and with good oral care, they can last a lifetime. Other, more traditional tooth restorations that might have a lesser price tag might end up costing more over time. Dental implants and dental implant-supported dentures and bridges are the only tooth restorations that are genuinely realistic, have a protective influence on oral health, and can last your entire life.
Below are some of the reasons many of our patients choose to invest in dental implants at our Blackfoot, ID, oral surgery practice:
- Lifelong. Dental implants will not need to be replaced. This saves you the inconvenience and cost of more time receiving treatment for your missing teeth. This is one of the main reasons people choose implants over traditional bridges and dentures.
- Protective. Dental implants fuse with your jaw bone during healing time through a process called osseointegration. Because of this incredible benefit, they perform just like natural teeth, continuously stimulating the bone in your jaw when you chew, to keep further bone loss from occurring. When you have a healthy jaw and your teeth are aligned in the dental arch, costly dental work in the future is much less likely.
- Priceless. You really can’t put a price tag on the ability to enjoy the foods you love with ease again and speak and smile with confidence. Simply put, these enhancements all add up to a happier and healthier you.
If you are interested in dental implants and live in or around the Blackfoot, ID, area, we encourage you to contact Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho today. Our warm and welcoming staff is at-the-ready to schedule a consultation for you with Drs. Baker or Jepsen to discuss restoring your smile with dental implants.