Drs. Baker and Jepsen are experts at restoring missing or failing teeth with dental implants. Dental implants are a lifelike, healthy, and permanent tooth replacement that consists of three parts: a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone, an abutment piece that is used to connect the implant to a custom-made crown, and the crown itself, which is designed to match your existing teeth. During your consultation at our welcoming Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho office in Pocatello, ID, your oral surgeon will collaborate with you to determine the best tooth replacement solution for your smile, be it a dental implant or another solution such as implant-supported fixed bridges and dentures.
Learn more by checking out our Dental implants FAQ.
Dental implants are, by far, the most popular tooth replacement solution we provide at our Pocatello, ID, practice. Dental implants can permanently replace a single tooth or even an entire arch of teeth and look, feel, and function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat the foods you love and smile with confidence. Our dental implant patients enjoy improved oral health as well as a boost in their quality of life and well-being.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Unlike traditional tooth replacements like dentures and tooth-supported bridges, implants are true tooth replacements — root and all — and just like healthy natural teeth, they are stable and anchored in your jaw. Because dental implants replace the root of your tooth, they stimulate the bone in your jaw to prevent the bone atrophy that can be caused by extended tooth loss. While dentures and bridges only last a few years before they need to be replaced, dental implants can last a lifetime with good oral care, and no healthy teeth are damaged to secure them in your mouth.
Dental implants offer these benefits and more:
- Long-lasting. Because the implant fuses with the jaw bone, dental implant patients enjoy a permanent and realistic tooth replacement. With good oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Easy maintenance. Clean your dental implants just as you would your natural teeth! It’s that simple.
- Realistic. It’s almost impossible to tell the difference between a dental implant and a natural tooth. Implants really do look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Improved self-confidence. A boost in confidence is common with our dental implant patients. They love smiling knowing that their tooth restoration looks just like nature intended.
- Enjoy eating again. Comfortably and confidently enjoy the foods you love. You don’t have to worry about your replacement tooth slipping around when you chew.
- Protects bone health and structure. Dental implants replace the entire tooth, including the root, so they stimulate the bone under your gums to prevent bone atrophy (the way natural teeth do).
- Versatile. Dental implants can replace one or multiple missing teeth or even an entire arch of teeth. They can also be used to secure lifelike and comfortable implant-supported fixed bridges and dentures.
- Most patients can receive dental implants. Drs. Baker and Jepsen are experts at bone grafting techniques that will allow almost anyone to receive a successful and durable implant. If you are healthy enough to have a standard tooth extraction, dental implants are most likely an option for you at our practice.
We offer the full scope of oral surgery and dental implant restoration options at our Pocatello, ID, practice and pride ourselves on the safety and quality of our work restoring the smiles of our patients. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, check out our Dental Implant FAQ, or contact our office to schedule your consultation with one of our trusted oral surgeons. We look forward to offering you the best in compassionate and comfortable oral surgery care.
Dental Implant Cost in Pocatello, ID
When shopping for your dental implants, it is very important to choose an experienced and trusted oral surgeon with the skill and training to perform this delicate oral surgery. Our Pocatello, ID, oral surgeons, Drs. Baker and Jepsen, use the most advanced and cutting-edge surgical techniques to ensure the finest outcome — and we provide this care at affordable and competitive prices for our southeast Idaho area. Every patient’s condition is different, so the cost of treatment varies. Some of the things that will be considered when estimating the cost of your dental implants include the number of implants you will be receiving, if you require a bone grafting procedure for successful implant placement, and if you will require any tooth extractions to prepare your mouth for your implants. Your insurance coverage will factor into the overall cost as well. We accept many types of insurance and have multiple payment options to make oral surgery accessible for our Pocatello, ID, patients.
The best way to estimate your dental implant cost at our practice in Pocatello is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baker or Dr. Jepsen. During this appointment, your oral surgeon will work with you to develop a treatment plan — your cost estimate will be determined at this time as well.
The Value of Dental Implants
Dental implants are life-changing. Tooth loss can be more than just an uncomfortable inconvenience — it also affects self-esteem. When our patient’s failing or missing teeth are replaced with dental implants, they once again enjoy the look, feel, and function of healthy, natural teeth, and could not be happier with their investment. Dental implants also improve the long-term health of your jaw and facial structure, and with good oral care, they can last a lifetime. Other, more traditional tooth restorations that might have a lesser price tag might end up costing more over time. Dental implants and dental implant-supported dentures and bridges are the only tooth restorations that are lifelike, have a protective influence on oral health, and offer long-term viability.
Below are some of the reasons many of our patients choose to invest in dental implants at our Pocatello, ID, oral surgery practice:
- Lifelong tooth replacement solution. Dental implants will not need to be replaced, saving you the inconvenience and cost of more time receiving treatment for your missing teeth. They can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene and regular dental appointments — this is one of the main reasons people choose implants over traditional bridges and dentures.
- Protects oral health for less dental work. Dental implants fuse with your jaw bone during healing time through a process called osseointegration. Because of this incredible benefit, they act just like natural teeth, roots and all, continuously stimulating the bone in your jaw when you chew, keeping further bone loss from occurring. When you have a healthy jaw and teeth that are properly aligned in the dental arch, costly dental work in the future is much less likely.
- Enhanced quality of life. It’s truly priceless to be able to enjoy the foods you love with ease again and speak and smile with confidence. These improvements add up to a happier and healthier you!
If you are interested in dental implants and live in or around the Pocatello, ID, area, we encourage you to contact Oral Surgery Specialists of Idaho today. Our warm and welcoming staff is happy to schedule a consultation for you with Dr. Baker or Dr. Jepsen to discuss if this life-changing tooth restoration is the right option to restore your smile.